DOT Physical Requirements
DOT Physical Requirements San Diego Location
Health Requirements | DOT Physical Exam
Mouse Over Underlined Text for Additional Information.
The Basic Health Requirements For Passing A Dot Physical Exam Are:
- With or without glasses or contacts, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, you need to have 20/40 vision.
- Must be able to distinguish between the colors red, yellow and green.
- Hearing needs to be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- The Maximum allowable blood pressure is 160/100.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not permitted.
- The maximum level of blood sugar an applicant is allowed to have is 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is allowed.
- In case you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as congestive cardiac failure, collapse or cardiac insufficiency, then you will be required to present the Medical Examiner with a stress test along with a note from your physician which states that you are able to drive a commercial motor vehicle with no restrictions.
- If you have significant impairment to an extremity you must have a Skilled Performance Evaluation through the FMCSA.
Or Only $60.00 Credit or Debit Card *By Appointment Only*
Call (619) 280-0554 during regular office hours:
9:00am to 6:00pm | Monday
10:00am to 2:00pm | Tuesday
9:00am to 6:00pm | Wednesday
<- CLOSED -> | Thursday
9:00am to 5:00pm | Friday
10:00am to 1:00pm | Saturday
Related content: DOT Physical Preparation